Thursday, December 17, 2020

See The Big Picture: From Script To Screen

You have to see it as you write it.

I have written for the stage, radio, television and cinema.
I was the youngest professional scriptwriter for the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) from when I was 18 years old and I was well paid for three years before I went on to be commissioned as a public health illustrator and translator for a family planning project by the JHU/PCS of the @johnshopkinsu through the, USAID @usaid when I was 21.

I see everyone and everything even before I write a script for a stage play, teleplay or a movie. I have co-written and written screenplays which have not been produced, because I want them to be produced by the best filmmakers. 

The "Naked Beauty" screenplay co-written with the multiple award winning veteran #Nollywood filmmaker and film studies scholar, Dr. Chika Christian Onu is a masterpiece and I published it as a book since 2006. Just in case you don't know who is Dr. Chika Onu. He is the director of the sequel to "Living in Bondage"  of Chris Obi Rapu of 1992. He directed "Living in Bondage" 2 in 1993; "Glamour Girls" in 1994; " Karishika"" in 1996 and over 100 other movies.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2133794/
He said:
"The road to the phenomenon called Nollywood has been exciting and awesome."
www.africanstudies.northwestern.edu › ...PDF
Hostile Takeover Corporate Interventions in Nollywood.pdf
by LR Denzer · Related articles
1994. Dir. Chika Onukwafor (“Christian Onu”).

He is still active and currently writing a book on Nollywood.

- Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima,
Publisher/Editor,
NOLLYWOOD MIRROR®Series
247 Nigeria (@247nigeria) / Twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/247nigeria
https://www.amazon.com/author/ekenyerengozimichaelchima

No comments:

Post a Comment